programatically import certificate into konqueror

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Oct 7 21:38:52 BST 2008

On Tuesday 07 October 2008, Helge Deller wrote:
> David Faure wrote:
> > On Monday 29 September 2008, Yifan Wang wrote:
> >> hi
> >>
> >> In KDE3, there is dcop that we can use to import user's certificate(p12
> >> format) automatically into konqueror.
> >> But in KDE4, dcop is replaced by dbus and does not work anymore.
> >> I have search the method to do this but so far have no result.
> >
> > Can you remind us which DCOP call this is about exactly?
>
> Running "dcop kded kssld" in a shell on KDE3 returns quite some
> functions which are not yet available with KDE4.
>
> The important ones which Yifan refers to, are:
> - bool addHomeCertificateFile(QString filename,QString password,
>                                bool storePass)
> - bool addHomeCertificatePKCS12(QString base64cert,QString passToStore)
> - bool deleteHomeCertificateByFile(QString filename,QString password)
> - bool deleteHomeCertificateByPKCS12(QString base64cert,
>                                       QString password)
> - bool deleteHomeCertificateByName(QString name)
>
> It's probably a good idea to add those functions to KDE4.

I see - those methods have been removed when Andreas merged in the "newssl" branch.

However I see the implementation is still available, in kio/kssl/ksslcertificatehome.{cpp,h}
Andreas: should I re-add the wrappers for those methods in kssld, or did you remove
them because the switch to the new ssl stuff prevents those methods from working?