programatically import certificate into konqueror

Helge Deller deller at gmx.de
Tue Oct 7 19:14:51 BST 2008

David Faure wrote:
> On Monday 29 September 2008, Yifan Wang wrote:
>> hi
>>
>> In KDE3, there is dcop that we can use to import user's certificate(p12
>> format) automatically into konqueror.
>> But in KDE4, dcop is replaced by dbus and does not work anymore.
>> I have search the method to do this but so far have no result.
>
> Can you remind us which DCOP call this is about exactly?

Running "dcop kded kssld" in a shell on KDE3 returns quite some
functions which are not yet available with KDE4.

The important ones which Yifan refers to, are:
- bool addHomeCertificateFile(QString filename,QString password,
                               bool storePass)
- bool addHomeCertificatePKCS12(QString base64cert,QString passToStore)
- bool deleteHomeCertificateByFile(QString filename,QString password)
- bool deleteHomeCertificateByPKCS12(QString base64cert,
                                      QString password)
- bool deleteHomeCertificateByName(QString name)

It's probably a good idea to add those functions to KDE4.

Helge