Preferred bugtracking channel?

Evert Vorster evorster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 09:45:49 BST 2020

Hi there, development team of Kdenlive

It's been a while since I was involved with Kdenlive. Back then, it was
only a hobby, but recently I have started making videos commercially.
I still maintain the Arch Linux kdenlive-git and kdenlive-release-git
packages, of course. It's pretty low effort involved to maintain a package.

Firstly, Kdenlive is pretty solid, and suits my needs perfectly. There was
some chatter about moving to a different channel for bug reports. As I am
using Kdenlive much more now, I am running into minor annoyances, and would
like to feed that back to the group.

Minor stuff like:
1. The cursor being invisible when adding or modifying text in a title
clip.

2. .mlt clips' sound manipulation being missing. When changing the speed of
a clip, the resultant .mlt file does not have a "sound" attached to it when
dragged onto the timeline. It makes it hard to mute, unmute or change the
volume of a clip.
I have taken to making my own transcode profile, and transcoding the clips
to get at their sound again... but this seems against the whole
non-destructive editing that was a large focus of Kdenlive when I started
using it.

Where would you guys like to have these gripes recorded?

Also, sound seems to have a bit of room for improvement. There is no
equalizer or hiss removal or FFT filter. Currently I am using Kdenlive to
split out the audio stream, then editing with Audacity, then using ffmpeg
to re-mux the sound back into the video clip. Why am I doing it that way
around?

Well, it's not always clear which clips you are going to use in the edit.
Once the clip is all cut up, it's a pain to extract each little piece and
do en-masse sound filtering on it. So, I edit the master clip's sound, and
re-mux it with FFmpeg, and when I re-use the original filename, Kdenlive
does not know the difference, and I have nice clean sound in every little
piece of the clip that is used.

It would be nice if I was just able to export the sound, edit it, then
"merge" it back into the clip, overwriting the original sound.

Kind regards,
Evert Vorster
Awesome Chapters Tours
http://www.awesomechapters.com