[Kdenlive-devel] AVCHD problems

Johannes Wilm j at indymedia.no
Wed Aug 20 19:09:08 UTC 2008

Hi,
I checked everything out again.

Why kdenlive now is able to formally render a clip, I believe to see two
major bugs. For this example I've been using the following files:

http://www.johanneswilm.org/download/johannswilm.mts
http://www.johanneswilm.org/download/johannswilm.kdenlive
http://www.johanneswilm.org/download/johannswilm.m2t

I tried to use the mts-file as input, cut it into four pieces, put them back
together in another order and put three different transformations between
the different parts.

These are the problems I seem to encounter (first two major, thereafter
minor):

- At the start of each new piece of the clip, there is about a second when
everything is extremely distorted.
- The fact that I put the pieces back together in a different order from the
original doesn't seem to have influenced the order in which the clips are
rendered (or shown in the preview window) -- they always follow the timeline
of the original clip.
- Only one of the transformations is rendered.
- The sound is rendered for the entire clip, but it is only displayed on the
clipboard for the first piece. (this used to work only a few days ago)

--
Johannes Wilm
http://www.johanneswilm.org