[Kdenlive-devel] editing by left/right arrows ...

Reinhard Amersberger protux at web.de
Tue Jul 22 08:37:57 UTC 2003

Hi,

yes, I think we are talking about the same things for general :-)

> It does :-) I think the big issue is - how and when should pressing the
> left/right arrows simply move the frame currently pointed to on the monitor
> back and forth, and when should it perform some "other" operation?

My idea to solve this is to have this actions completely kontextive as I tried ;-) to describe it in the "Re: [Kdenlive-devel] Inpoints/outpoints, problem I need to tackle." thread.
So, the clip will be resized on the timeline, when one clip edge is selected, via the arrows.
But if the timeline monitor would be activated -- hopefully possible by a shortcut ;-) -- , the arrows will move the timeline cursor by frames ....

greetings
Reinhard