[Kdenlive-devel] editing by left/right arrows ...

Reinhard Amersberger protux at web.de
Sat Jul 19 14:53:34 UTC 2003

Hi,

right now I noticed a really cool behaviour, but I don't know if this is intended ...

This is the normal functionality ...

> - Pressing Left and Right arrows moves the active monitor forwards/backwards
> one frame. Holding your finger on the button and you step through lots of
> frames

but this change after moving a clip edge by the mouse, so now I can step through frames of this clip by the arrows and this is PRETTY COOL!!! ... because this could be enhanced to offer very precise trim actions when the clip edge would be synced with the actual frame just like ...

- select on of the edges of a clip to move them by the left/right arrows forwards/backwards one frame ... one special mode could allow creating gaps by this action and another don't.

- select the right edge of a clip and the left edge of the following clip to move them together by the left/right arrows forwards/backwards one frame ...

- select both edges of a clip to slide this clip left right ... or slip in another special mode ...

I think maybe this is good food for thought ...

greetings
Reinhard