Implementation of Gyro mouse for Android app

oana radu oanaradu32 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 02:27:40 GMT 2022

Hi, and thanks for taking interest in this feature :). The KDEConnect
running on my device has this code running on it. and it is still amazing!

I do have one or two suggestions:
  - I think the mouse protocol implemented by kdeConnect needs to change to
make it more versatile. I think it should implement the button_down,
button_up events instead of the MouseClick, MouseDoubleClick etc. I tried
to do some painting with the gyro mouse and it just doesn't work.
  - To make it more intuitive to use, the code should do a sensor meld such
that it can take into account the direction of gravity and keep the
left/right directions perpendicular to the gravity vector. So the pointing
will work even when the device is tilted.
  - The presentation remote has a gyro pointer as well. So maybe this
functionality could be implemented as a core functionality and then exposed
to the plugins.

Thanks.