Implementation of Gyro mouse for Android app

Albert Vaca Cintora albertvaka at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 10:39:23 GMT 2022

It seems like a good idea to me. It robably feels more natural to use than
the emulated touchpad we have. And we do something like that already in the
Presenter plugin
<https://invent.kde.org/network/kdeconnect-android/-/blob/master/src/org/kde/kdeconnect/Plugins/PresenterPlugin/PresenterActivity.java#L46-56>
.

One obvious challenge is the precision. I haven't tested the linked
implementations but one does say in the description it is wobbly. Desktop
UIs have small elements.

Another challenge is knowing where the origin/zero is. On the Presenter
plugin we solved it by resetting the origin every time the cursor is shown
(since there we hide the cursor when not in use). Maybe something like this
would work for the Remote Input plugin? Although showing/resetting the
cursor when tapping the screen conflicts with clicking when tapping which
is probably what one wants in the Remote Input plugin.