how kde connect could be better

Simon Redman simon at ergotech.com
Tue Nov 17 17:05:15 GMT 2020

Hi,

Signal, by design, can never be supported. As far as I understand, it intentionally encrypts the stored messages. This is specifically to stop 3rd party apps from reading those messages.

I would also love to add call support but the last time I researched it there was no way for an app to pretend to be a calling device. My suggestion is to use your computer as a Bluetooth headset (which works OOTB for me)

WhatsApp doesn't provide any API (that I'm aware of) for fetching messages so there's no way for us to support that either. You can already use https://web.whatsapp.com to manage messages from your desktop, though.

Thanks,
Simon