macOS binaries into the binary-factory.kde.org

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Jan 17 21:49:57 GMT 2020

On Sat, Jan 18, 2020 at 9:50 AM Inoki Shaw <veyx.shaw at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Aleix,

Hi Inoki,

> Sure! It must be a good idea.
>
> But the fact is that, in the app bundle packed by craft automatically,
> there are still some dependencies with wrong relative path(rpath). It will
> lead a failed notarization of the bundle, which will cause an error like
> "cannot open the application of an unidentified developer", when user tries
> to open it.
> I'm still working on a solution to fix the rpath during craft packing
> step, there is a small patch on phabricator but I find it doesn't work well.
>

> That version on my GitHub is an outdated version, on which I fixed
> manually the rpath of dependencies.

Okay. Ideally we'd have all of this stuff able to happen automatically so
fixing those rpath issues is probably the most important thing at this
stage.

The Binary Factory is now performing signing of everything it produces,
although it isn't yet notarizing things (although that is something which I
believe is being worked on).
This has already showed up some issues with MacOS packaging which also will
need fixing.

> I'm happy to see one on the website. I can manually fix the rpath,
> notarize it and publish it on the right place this weekend.
>
> PS: I noticed recently the nightly build fails 😅 btw I'll try to fix as
> soon as possible.
>
> Inoki

Cheers,
Ben