[kde-freebsd] How do you enable debug output on a port?

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Fri Apr 23 09:15:17 BST 2004

On Friday 23 April 2004 00:49, Jim Durham wrote:

> There appears to be a problem with the debug code. After compiling the same
> code with the _DWITH_KDE_DEBUG argument, I can't even get kdm to run.

1.) It's WANT_KDE_DEBUG (it's a make variable and really does nothing but
automatically add --enable-debug=full to the CONFIGURE_ARGS of all ports
which include ${PORTSDIR}/x11/kde3/Makefile.kde in their port Makefile).

2.) I'm very sure there is no problem with the debug code, it's running fine
for lots of people. However, there seem to be quite many problems with your
installation and it would seem to be prudent to finally start investigating
along that road.

You wrote a while back that you did install 3.2.1 packages from
fruitsalad.org. Did you install -CURRENT packages and you're running FreeBSD
5.x-Release? If you did/do run -CURRENT, was your -CURRENT substantially
older or newer than the snapshot used to build the packages, for example, do
you run 5.1-CURRENT? The packages were built with on a system running 502105,
check your version with sysctl kern.osreldate.

If you run 4.x, are you perhaps trying to compile kdebase now with gcc 3.x
installed from ports?

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org