KDE 3.1.2 screen-saver issue

Sri srilinuxworks at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 13 00:32:43 BST 2003

Hi folks,
      I had upgraded my KDE from 3.0 to 3.1.2 by compiling from source (used Konstruct). But, now, I see something very interesting. The screen-saver would not accept my login-password to unlock the screen. I changed the screen-saver and again, it wouldn't accept my password ( I am pretty sure that I typed it correctly, checked if the caps-lock was accidently enabled...).

This issue had forced me to hard-reboot the system twice and damage my root file-system and had to fix it everytime I reboot.

Has anyone seen this problem? It would be nice if someone can provide me a solution to this seemingly trivial thing.

Thanks,
Sri.