Hi, I'm the App Stores Support Engineer guy

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 17:53:01 BST 2022

Hi,
Welcome and congratulations!

I'll try to answer to some:

Le mer. 7 sept. 2022 à 11:05, Ingo Klöcker <kloecker at kde.org> a écrit :

> Hi KDE Windows people,
>
> as you may have read on the community mailing list [1], I'm taking on the
> role
> of App Stores Support Engineer for KDE.
>
> Aleix Pol wrote:
> "Ingo will be working with the different teams in KDE towards our
> infrastructure getting prepared to have their software delivered to
> the platforms they are targetting. With this, we hope to improve the
> reach of our products to end users and hopefully enable them also to
> make a living with their KDE products."
>
> I saw that a few KDE apps are already published in the Windows Store.
> That's
> awesome! Let's do more!
>
> Here are a few questions I'm interested in. They are more worded for the
> individual product teams, so they may sound a bit odd to you since you are
> primarily targeting Windows.
>
> a) Where can I find more information about the building and publishing
> process
> for Windows? Who should I talk to in your team first?

There is a https://webchat.kde.org/#/room/#kde-windows:kde.org matrix
channel.
Most of the software use Craft (https://community.kde.org/Craft) to build
the Windows version.
I'm not sure if there is a documentation for the steps to actually publish
one on the store.
I don't know for all, but for GCompris, we compile it aside and handle the
publication on our side.

> b) Are there things you wish the KDE infrastructure would better support
> with
> regard to building for different platforms and publishing in different app
> stores?
>
> c) Are there things in the KDE Frameworks that should be improved to ease
> building for different platforms, e.g. do you patch some KDE Frameworks
> when
> you create builds for Windows?
>
> d) Do you want to target more platforms and/or app stores? If yes, which
> and
> in which order?
>
> e) Are there tasks/issues on some task board or issue tracker that I
> should
> look at?

There is this meta task: https://phabricator.kde.org/T9575 and their
subtasks