isoimagewriter

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 20:37:00 BST 2022

Hi,

Le mar. 29 mars 2022 à 17:38, Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> a écrit :

> Hola, I'm trying to get isoimagewriter released which means a Windows
> build is wanted.
>
> https://community.kde.org/ISOImageWriter
> https://invent.kde.org/utilities/isoimagewriter
>
> Alas I have only a VirtualBox image and I can't work out how to get
> Virtualbox talking to a USB drive so I wonder if anyone with a Windows
> computer can test?

I've just installed an Ubuntu iso on a key from Windows with the latest
version (7z format), it booted correctly and I could try it the version (I
didn't try to install it).

> https://binary-factory.kde.org/view/Windows%20MingW/job/KDE%20ISO%20Image%20Writer_Nightly_mingw64/
>
> The main problem when I run it is that the icons can't be seen.  This just
> uses QIcon::fromTheme("drive-removable-media")
> And I added breeze-icons to the Craft build but it doesn't seem to help.

I'm not sure if it is a bug or not but I don't have any icon in the search
bar for the iso, there is just an empty white line and it's really not
obvious I had to click on the right side of the bar to open the dialog.
But once I chose an image, I had the folder icon that appears.
The other icons are well displayed: "circle crossed" to say "Could not find
the key to verify the iso", the "warning" sign to tell it will erase the
drive.

There's some magic in KIconTheme to register it with initRCCIconTheme() but
> I don't know how to make sure that is called?
> https://api.kde.org/frameworks/kiconthemes/html/kicontheme_8cpp_source.html

According to the doc (
https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qcoreapplication.html#Q_COREAPP_STARTUP_FUNCTION)
it's supposed to be called in the QCoreApplication constructor.

Finally what's the process for getting this onto the Microsoft Store?

>From what I know, https://phabricator.kde.org/T9575 (in the discussion
there is
https://kate-editor.org/post/2019/2019-11-03-windows-store-submission-guide/
)