The 0.7 thread

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 11:53:40 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 12:33 PM, Daniele E. Domenichelli <
daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 27/03/13 11:20, Martin Klapetek wrote:
> >> [General]
> >> * Cleanup/Stabilize/Improve Documentation/Unit Tests at least part of
> >> the API A.K.A. "The ABI Normal Project"[1]
> >> * Move all non-stable classes to a KTp::priv namespace and build them as
> >> a separate library.
> >> * Install CMake files to find KTp
> >> * Qt5/KF5/C++11 porting
> >
> > Might be too soon for this^ for 0.7
>
> You mean just the Qt5/KF5/C++11 porting or all of the above items?
> Perhaps it is too early, but it's worth to investigate if there is
> something we need...
> For example we might need some hook in KApplication for
> KTp::Application[1].
>

> [1]
> https://community.kde.org/KTp/Tasks/ProperLibrary#TelepathyHandlerApplication

Too soon for porting to Qt5/KF5. Investigating what we need + C++11 I fully
support ;)

> > Can we make this one repo/package, something like ktp-tools? Currently
> > we are packagers' nightmare and I don't want to make their nightmares
> > any worse.
>
> Ok repo-packages requires some love (that obviously will cause hate on
> the packagers side).
>
> I'm not sure for packagers if it is easier to handle different several
> packages, but I think that a meta-package is the way to go...

The problem is the release we do. We currently release 13 separate
packages. Each time the packagers are making remarks that it's a pita to
package our software. Adding more repos is not going to help :)

> >> * Web Accounts
> >
> > This^ requires a meeting with xclaessee and afiestas, anyone interested?
> > I'll set it up.
>
> What's the reason for the meeting? By the way, nobody ever told me what
> to do with the requirements we discussed at Akademy with the PIM people,
> I still have on my red book.

Empathy has a mission control plugin for webaccounts and some auth handler
parts, which they would split to be separate and reusable by us.

Which requirements are we talking about (I really don't remember)? Can you
send me a mail with those? Thanks.

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer