About the audio/video chat solution for Plasma Active 3

Mario Fux kde-ml at unormal.org
Fri Feb 10 11:01:51 UTC 2012

Good morning dear KDE Telepathy team

First I'd like to apologize for the confusion I created about this topic. I
try to clear it with this email and will be ready to answer any questions of
course.

Ok so here the history that preceded the confusion ;-):

Some weeks ago I had a conversation with Martin Klepetek on IRC about what
would be necessary (code and time) to have a simple audio/video chat solution
(like Skype or Google Hangout) with KDE Telepathy technology. My idea was (and
is) as well to find some money (if the necessary effort was manageable) to
sponsor a developer to work on this.

Martin then sent me the attached email and I had another conversation with
Dario Freddi about what's necessary in Telepathy upstream and how cooperative
Collabora would be. We three then planned a Skype or so discussion which
didn't happen yet.

Then came the Plasma Active 3 meeting where I participated and as I was
already in contact with two of your KDE Telepathy guys I took over this task
[1] (mainly to contact you what I do herewith ;-).

So now the question are:
- How do we proceed with the audio/video chat solution?
- What the overhead for such a solution on Plasma Active (PA)?
- Did somebody of you already worked with PA?
- What do you think about the idea to find a sponsored developer?

Thanks for your reading and best regards
Mario

[1]
http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/Tasks#Audio.2FVideo_chat_and_IM_integration_in_PA