The GSOC Thread

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Wed Feb 8 12:08:23 UTC 2012

My ideas:

Sexy plugin system for the text-ui (show images, support formatting,
show youtube links, translate messages etc. etc.).
This includes making a load of plugins, making them configurable,
making a config for enabling/disabling plugins (on a per account
basis?).
Those of you who read the log messages will know Lasath and I started
the groundwork for this, but it's a long way off doing the main cool
parts.

Collaborative editor. I'm making a simple text editor (think etherpad)
at the moment, but this could be significantly pimped.
Maybe a collaborative version of basket? That would be amazing (and
something not really done elsewhere.)

Telepathy setup for KDE multiplayer games. Should be fairly simple,
especially with the contactGridWidget we already have.
Is this even 3 months work? Maybe if they port all the games.

More work on KPerson. Though ideally this should be under the PIM
project. So we still have another student.