Telepathy-active ?

George Kiagiadakis kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 21:05:13 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 11:50 PM, Laszlo Papp <lpapp at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any plans for porting telepathy to active ? We have been
> heavily depending on telepathy in case Harmattan (N9/N950), and I
> think it is nice. It might be a good idea to use this project on
> plasma-active as well. One thing, I am interested in is, for instance:
> using telepathy-idle for making an IRC client, but it is also the case
> for other connection manager issues. Ui elements would be nice to
> have.
>
> I am not sure I can spare enough time to help with the evolvement, but
> it would be nice to see any progress. :-)
>
> Best Regards,
> Laszlo Papp

Plasma active is definitely one of our targets, however there is
neither any plan nor people working on it at the moment. Hopefully,
some of our components can be reused in plasma active (plasma applets,
dataengines, approver, nepomuk service, etc...), so we just need to
identify what is missing and come up with a plan to make it happen. I
expect we will discuss this in our sprint next month.