[SoK24] To-Dos | End of Work is this Sunday 31 March

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Thu Mar 28 16:01:37 GMT 2024

Please reply to: kde-soc at kde.org

Hi SoK mentees!

We are approaching the end of work for SoK this Sunday, 31 March. [1]

For information about requesting a 2-week extension, see this email:

    https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-soc/2024-March/001686.html

Unless you have requested an extension, results for SoK24 will be
announced 7 April. After then we will create your certificates and send
out the swag :)

There are 3 important to-dos and 1 very short final summary before
finishing this season:

    1. Wrap up and document your work
    2. Complete your status reports
    3. Make sure your blog post is published

    4. And finally, after 1-3 are done, to complete SoK please write a
3-6 sentence general summary of what you achieved, check the text with
your mentors, and then send it to Johnny (jazeix at gmail.com) and Joseph
(joseph at kde.org). This short text will be the basis for the final blog
post celebrating your achievements. *Please send this before *Sunday 7
April*!

_Details_

To-do #1: Wrap up any unfinished work for SoK. If this is not doable
before Sunday 31 March, submit a request for an extension. If an
extension is not possible or your mentor does not have time to guide you
beyond 31 March, document what you did in the project and what still
needs to be done so the work can be completed beyond SoK! And of course,
you are cordially invited to continue contributing well beyond 31 March.
People like you are what make this community so great!

To-do #2: Make sure you have completed your Status Reports. This is not
optional: it is how KDE documents what was done in SoK.

    https://community.kde.org/SoK/2024/StatusReport

To-do #3: If you have not done so already, you need to write a detailed
blog post about the exciting work you did in SoK. Many have done so
already, but some have not. I cannot stress how important this is. The
blog posts are a way inform other contributors about what you are doing,
what works and what does not work, and the posts let the world know all
the cool and cutting-edge work that are happening at KDE. Please don't
be afraid to get technical in your post: this is a technical community
and we all benefit from the documentation these blog posts provide.

Most importantly, thank you for all that you have done so far and all
that you will do for KDE and Free & Open Source Software. May this just
be the beginning of a long journey with the KDE community!

Cheers,

Joseph and Johnny
(on behalf of the SoK admin team)

[1] https://mentorship.kde.org/sok/

--
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
KDE Internal Communications & KDE Eco Community Manager

Generally available Monday-Thursday from 10-16h CET/CEST. Outside of
these times it may take a little longer for me to respond.

KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!
Website: https://eco.kde.org
Mastodon: @be4foss at floss.social