[SOK24] status reports / blog posts

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Wed Mar 20 12:44:23 GMT 2024

Please reply to: kde-soc at kde.org

Season of KDE 2024 wraps up in just over 1.5 weeks on Sunday 31 March!

Here are some things to do before then for successful completion of your
SoK project:

  - *Blog Posts*: It is necessary for new contributors to write at least
2 blog posts (see email below for more details), the first of which is
published during the work period. So make sure to get that first blog
post published very soon! Unfortunately, not everyone has yet, though I
am sure you all will! :) I will be in touch about the second and final
blog post soon.

- *Status Reports*: It is also necessary to have your status reports be
up-to-date and complete by the end of work on 31 March. Please update
yours asap -- do not wait until the last minute!

- *Requesting An Extension*: Projects also have the opportunity to
extend SoK24 by up to 2 weeks. If you are a new contributor and
requesting an extension interests you, you will have to do the following:

   (i) first check with your mentors that extending the project is ok
for them (some mentors may not have time given the beginning of GSoC); and
   (ii) write a short 3-5 sentence justification for the extension.

Don't hesitate to be in touch if you have any questions or comments. And
if you haven't given us your feedback yet, please do so, we'd love to
hear from you about your experience this season.

Cheers,
Joseph and Johnny
(on behalf of the admin team)

--
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
KDE Internal Communications & KDE Eco Community Manager

Generally available Monday-Thursday from 10-16h CET/CEST. Outside of
these times it may take a little longer for me to respond.

KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!
Website: https://eco.kde.org
Mastodon: @be4foss at floss.social