Regarding GSOC

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 09:13:41 GMT 2024

Hi Aditya,

I'm not sure if you got an answer.

Note that for now, KDE isn't yet a GSoC organization (Google will choose in
February which organizations they sponsor). The main goal for GSoC is to
include new developers so they integrate the community and become long term
contributors.
This being said, your main criteria for choosing a project is to find one
where you will like the topic, coding language and interacting with the
people within. I would suggest you to browse https://apps.kde.org/ and see
if some meets your criteria.
Once you have found a project, take a look if there are small tasks (some
are marked Junior Jobs for newcomers) in the bugtracker (
https://bugs.kde.org/describecomponents.cgi) or directly in the
invent.kde.org repository and start compiling the code, browsing it and
playing with it :).

Cheers,

Johnny