Contribution to KDE4

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Mon May 22 11:10:04 BST 2006

Hello Manish,

you are welcome to join the Phonon project! I guess you have already looked at
http://phonon.kde.org/ ? There are still a lot of areas where work can be
done. Examples:
- design and implement a central volume control "daemon" where Phonon
AudioOutputs are registered
- help with the Phonon backends: There are a Xine and a NMM backend already in
the works and a GStreamer backend will be started soon. Help on the backend
side is very welcome and needed.
- write test programs and example code for Phonon: especially the test
programs will be very useful for backend development and certifying whether a
backend works correctly.
- if you have experience with multimedia already you could also help me with
defining the Phonon API. Take a look at
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdelibs/phonon/TODO?rev=542029&view=auto

--
C'ya