Kde - apps and sound proble

Donn Washburn n5xwb at hal-pc.org
Sun May 21 18:33:32 BST 2006

Hey Group;

SuSE 10.1 and KDE 3.5.1 and 2

Has anyone else on this list noticed the certain sound and video
programs failing to work on the first try?  I have two programs that
cause the icons to be erased while the program is moved across the
icons.  At that time the icons that are remaining are non functional.
The two programs are Zapping and Radiocap0.1b.
If I use FVWM2 this problem is not noticed.  It ssems that KDE will not
let the programs use the sound or video until it is exited and then
restarted.  At that time Zapping comes up in the upper left corner.

If it is shutdown - then restarted it will fail

With radiocap in erases the icons until closed or exited.  At that time
the icons will come back and work correctly.

I have found no explanation for this problem in a xterm or as X is
closed .  Any glue or place to look?

--
73 de Donn Washburn
Ham Callsign N5XWB   Email: " n5xwb at hal-pc.org "