[kde-linux] System -> Printing doesn't work.

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. bss at iguanasuicide.net
Sun Feb 22 00:39:39 UTC 2009

On Saturday 21 February 2009 14:11:12 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Saturday 21 February 2009 19:48:36 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> > Konsole doesn't remember its size correctly
>
> It can do better than that :-)  Open Konsole, pull it to where you want
> it, and size it as you like it.  Then right-click on the (blue) title bar

(Mine's not blue).

> and select Advanced> Special Window Settings.  On the Geometry tab you'll
> see some greyed out entries that represent the current size and position.
>  If you enable those two lines and set them to Remember Konsole will open
> just as you like it - every time :-)

Yeah, but KDE 3's konsole did it without that workaround.  Also, KDE 4's
konsole *almost* does it right.  It gets the right size *unless* it is
closed when it is maximized (even just vertically or horizontally).  Even
then, it gets the height correctly but the width is completely off-kilter.

I wish konsole had retained the feature where you could easily choose some
predefined sizes -- 40x25, 80x25, 80x50, etc.  That was a really handy way
to get the 80-column wide terminal I desire even when I want to change
fonts.  It also made any sizing issues largely moot, because I could simply
choose an 80x* option and then vertically maximize it.

(I don't want the position fixed, I like KDE's smart window placement most
of the time, especially when then initial size of the window is already
correct.)
bss at iguanasuicide.net            	((_/)o o(\_))