[kde-linux] Force a window to open in a particular desktop

Dale dalek1967 at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 3 08:02:12 UTC 2008

Ben Forbes wrote:
> When I open a program such as Firefox, it always opens in the desktop
> I am currently in. Is there any way to force it to open in a
> particular desktop, eg desktop 1?

Right click on the top window bar then select Advanced > Special Window
Settings.  Click the tab Geometry then put a X in the box for Desktop
and select the one you want and there is a option for Force, Remember
etc etc etc.

That should get you on the right track.  I have Seamonkey web browser
on desktop 1, Seamonkey email om desktop 2, Kppp and Konsole on desktop
3, Kopete on desktop 4, Konqueror file manager on desktop 4, Kpatience
on desktop 6, gkrellm on desktop 8.  Desktop 7 is usually blank.  I use
it for whatever I am in the process of at the moment.  That could be
OOo, gtkam etc etc etc.

Maybe I am OCD or something.   ;-)

Hope that helps.

Dale