[kde-linux] Restoring Kontact data

Paul Brannon pbbrannon at verizon.net
Sun Nov 20 17:52:30 UTC 2005

Hi
>On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 07:31 am, Paul Brannon wrote:
>>[...]
>>
>> I've moved some of my mail files from the cd
>> to /home/paul/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/.inbox.directory.  I now have my
>> folder structure back in mail, all my mail seems to have made the trip, but
>> when I click on a mail, I get "No Subject" and the email is empty.
>>
>[...]

>I had the same problem; IIRC it turned out to be a result of permissions
>changing during the cd copying process. Changing the permissions on the
>restored files back to whatever they are on a normal mail should make your
>mail visible to kmail again.

>John

I've checked my permissions and they are all fine, I've deleted the indexes
and still get empty emails even though the emails are there.  I also can't
find where the Calendar and Address book entries are or go.

I really don't want to just copy .KDE off the backup to the fresh install.
I'm afraid that I may be copying remnants of the older versions of KDE.