Wanted: Qt6 port of Kajongg (or rather: someone doing it : ) )

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Sat Sep 16 18:41:15 BST 2023

Am Mittwoch, dem 13.09.2023 um 21:32 +0200 schrieb Friedrich W. H. Kossebau:
> > But I will see what I can do with Qt6 based on current upstream at KDE and
> > then rebase my work on that.
>
> That would be great :)
>
> Again, happy to help whereever needed if you run into any issues outside of
> Python, so do not hesitate to reach out if ever needed.

kajongg now runs with both Qt5 and Qt6, still supporting both Python-Qt bindings: PyQt and Pyside.
See README.packagers.

For testing kajongg with Qt6, you can

- either uninstall PyQt5 and PySide2 packages and run kajongg
- or select the wanted API with

QT_API=pyqt6 ./kajongg.py
QT_API=pyside6 ./kajongg.py

for details see https://pypi.org/project/QtPy/

So the rest of the porting job would be CMake - which is not one of my strengths.
Your help would be very appreciated.

I you want me to, I can install a fresh Debian Bookworm and find out what the minimal
package selection is for kajongg with either PyQt or PySide.

--
mit freundlichen GrĂ¼ssen

Wolfgang Rohdewald