Wanted: Qt6 port of Kajongg (or rather: someone doing it : ) )

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sun Sep 17 20:17:31 BST 2023

Hi Wolfgang,

Am Samstag, 16. September 2023, 19:41:15 CEST schrieb Wolfgang Rohdewald:
> Am Mittwoch, dem 13.09.2023 um 21:32 +0200 schrieb Friedrich W. H. Kossebau:
> > > But I will see what I can do with Qt6 based on current upstream at KDE
> > > and
> > > then rebase my work on that.
> >
> > That would be great :)
> >
> > Again, happy to help whereever needed if you run into any issues outside
> > of
> > Python, so do not hesitate to reach out if ever needed.
>
> kajongg now runs with both Qt5 and Qt6, still supporting both Python-Qt
> bindings: PyQt and Pyside. See README.packagers.
>
> For testing kajongg with Qt6, you can
>
> - either uninstall PyQt5 and PySide2 packages and run kajongg
> - or select the wanted API with
>
> QT_API=pyqt6 ./kajongg.py
> QT_API=pyside6 ./kajongg.py

Got that running with QT_API=pyqt6 at least (did not try the other option) and
the Qt5 one as before :)

Could not test more as I have no clue about the game logic itself, so left to
test all menu entries and do random stuff on the board. No issues seen :)

> for details see https://pypi.org/project/QtPy/
>
> So the rest of the porting job would be CMake - which is not one of my
> strengths. Your help would be very appreciated.

Did https://invent.kde.org/games/kajongg/-/merge_requests/12 with some CMake
changes following the pattern elsewhere (often by me, so...).
A bit unsure about the Python related setup, but seems to pass at least on CI,
so should be at least the right direction.

Good to have another game making it past the Qt5/Qt6 fence :)
(more pressure on me to get Ksirk done soonish, now being the last)

Cheers
Friedrich