[Kde-games-devel] April 1st meeting on Sunday. (Really )! and UI/usabillity

Johann Ollivier Lapeyre johann.ollivierlapeyre at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 17:35:09 CEST 2007

It's fine for me for the 1st (if it's not a joke of course ;)

For the content, i'd like to reduce topics related to games to remove/keep,
and make a special meeting with the review team mid-april. During these
15days, we should eval and communicate ours view about theses games.

I like to talk the 1st about the UI and usability. We should start to work
on it, because it means:
- Harmonize the menus, positions, .... *
- Finalize our strings for the i18n teams
- Doing the rights icons
- Be ready for the usability review (should be between 1 June and 25 June)

I already did a small review for myself, and had some ideas. I'll try to
write something to read before the meeting.

Perhaps it could be easier to work on UI/usability on only one apps at first
(one with one and 2 players mode, and/or one player mode + network ), review
it and then duplicate all the commons stuffs (menus, UI, strings, ...) to
others games.

* For example, for "change the game's difficulty" i saw several strings, at
several place, with severals way to change it. And game's difficulty is
really a common fonction, not specific per game.