[Kde-games-devel] Theming support

Johann Ollivier Lapeyre johann.ollivierlapeyre at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 18:07:24 CET 2007

> I do not think we can restrict in-disk themes to only have one file.

I wanted to say only 1 file, but it can be a zip. If there are several file,
we must use directory, with the same name.

After all, themes
> will not be interchangeable between different games in most cases, right?

 Yes. I think they should have a common part (zip, .desktop, preview,
directory...) for the shared lib (config dialog, config switch,
gethotnewstuff), and everything else is the game's maintainer choice.

Of course, for distribution on kde-look and integration with KNewStuff
> the resources should be compressed in a single (.tar.gz) file. Am I
> wrong or this is already handled by KNewStuff?

If i remember well the kopete's code, it isn't.