D29451: KNS: Do not mark entry as installed if install script failed

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu May 7 09:15:07 BST 2020

leinir accepted this revision.
leinir added a comment.

  In D29451#665420 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D29451#665420>, @alex wrote:

  > Fix connect
  >
  > Thanks, I wasn't aware of that until now :-)

  Same, until a couple of weeks ago :D i'd sort of... taken to doing it anyway, because it just seemed nice, but yup, turns out that you really definitely want to do that unless you know very precisely what you're doing :)

INLINE COMMENTS

> installation.cpp:355
>              QProcess* p = runPostInstallationCommand(installedFiles.size() == 1 ? installedFiles.first() : targetPath);
> -            connect(p, static_cast<void(QProcess::*)(int, QProcess::ExitStatus)>(&QProcess::finished), this, installationFinished);
> +            connect(p, static_cast<void(QProcess::*)(int, QProcess::ExitStatus)>(&QProcess::finished), this,
> +                    [entry, installationFinished, this] (int exitCode, QProcess::ExitStatus) {

Terribly sorry to keep doing this, but... yeah, noticed the old-style overload thing, but since we require higher than Qt 5.6 and already require a sufficiently high version of c++, we can use qOverload instead of the static_cast :) https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtglobal.html#qOverload

REPOSITORY
  R304 KNewStuff

BRANCH
  arcpatch-D29451