D29397: KPreviewJob : Support for DeviceRatioPixel

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 6 08:30:53 BST 2020

meven marked 2 inline comments as done.
meven added a comment.

  I have pretty much the patch in kio-extras ready.
  So I am seeking

INLINE COMMENTS

> broulik wrote in previewjob.cpp:433
> Not a fan. You can have different dpi per screen.
> Maybe instead we should have a `QWindow*` method or constructor to take dpr from

> Not a fan. You can have different dpi per screen.

What you imply is incorrect.
In Wayland, QGuiApplication::devicePixelRatio always returns the maximum scale of any screens (and ceiled up, so my 1.25 scale is returned as 2), and always the same value regardless on the scale of the screen where the app is. Only at painting does the scale makes a difference per screen.

In X, well there is only one scale anyway.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO