D28421: Add a new standalone executable to replace X-KDE-Autostart-Condition

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Mar 30 09:15:02 BST 2020

davidedmundson added a comment.

  Code is fine; both the change in KAutostart and the helper.

  I'm not sure if this the helper should be in the framework.

  X-KDE-Autostart condition is very tied to Plasma doing the booting, at which point we're better off putting the binary in plasma-workspace/startkde somewhere.

INLINE COMMENTS

> kde-systemd-start-condition.cpp:17
> +    if (!parser.positionalArguments().count()) {
> +        parser.showHelp(0);
> +    }

Should it be  showHelp(255)?

Not that we should end up here in the generated case.

> kde-systemd-start-condition.cpp:20
> +
> +    if (KAutostart::isStartConditionMet(parser.positionalArguments().at(0))) {
> +        return 0;

A group name can have a space in it.

For example:
X-KDE-autostart-condition=baloofilerc:Basic Settings:Indexing-Enabled:true

I assume this will be ok as long as we make sure that we make the generator put things in quotes. But can you double check.

REPOSITORY
  R309 KService