D28353: Changed contrast effect values to have more transparency, and then changed transparency accordingly

Niccolò Venerandi noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 29 10:56:47 BST 2020

niccolove added a comment.

  In D28353#636931 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28353#636931>, @ngraham wrote:

  > It would be helpful to remind people of those details in the Test Plan section in the future. :)

  I will! Sorry. It applied to me without cache clearing, so I assumed it didn't need it, but I guess I had some previous transparent theme in the cache.

  It is, but near the panel it gets whiter because of the bug that I'm solving in D27439 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27439>. I didn't put it as a dependency as the bug also affects current Breeze, but I could add it if you think it's necessary for this patch.

  > And the panel transparency effect is still a bit too pronounced for my tastes when a visually striking wallpaper is being covered by windows and only the panel is still visible. It results in a significant difference between the background colors of the panel and plasma pop-ups that appear on top of windows: F8203294: Screenshot_20200328_122908.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8203294>

  Heh, you're right here. And I think that...

  > I might have proposed this before, but I think an improvement would be to dynamically change the transparency of the panel and pop-ups from widgets living in it based on the proximity of windows

  ...I will implement this :-)

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)