D27951: Allow users to change dropAction to MoveAction through kdeglobals

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 24 20:10:02 GMT 2020

dfaure added a comment.

  OK, I looked at the code more closely and I see now that on different partitions it will still show the menu, rather than make any assumptions.

  This still creates a risk for surprises, as to whether the menu will appear or not (on Windows one can look at two paths and use the driver letters to see if it's the same partition or not, that's not possible on Unix). But I see how we can assume that a power user knows where his partitions are. And they can turn off the advanced feature again if they get it wrong too many times.

  So I won't veto this.

  Implementation note: the fastest way to know if two items are on the same partition is to compare KIO::UDSEntry::UDS_DEVICE_ID values. But unfortunately it looks like this code takes URLs, not proper KFileItems created from a kio_file job... I guess that means statbuf.st_dev directly, on Unix?

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO