D28245: [xdgoutput] Only send initial name and description if set

Vlad Zahorodnii noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 24 17:27:21 GMT 2020

zzag added a comment.

  In D28245#633649 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28245#633649>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > I interpreted the spec the same way when I wrote this...but we don't have a choice.

  I think we do.

  (a) Revert the recent xdg-output patches and land them in KF 5.70 or later. (Plasma 5.19 is going to depend on KF 5.70)

  (b) Introduce an API to indicate what version of the protocol is actually implemented by the compositor.

    m_xdgOutputManager = m_display->createXdgOutputManager(m_display);
    m_xdgOutputManager->setVersion(XdgOutputManagerV1Interface::V2);
    m_xdgOutputManager->create();

  I think it's okay to ship the current fix, but only temporarily.

  >> I believe it might be a problem
  >
  > From a QtWayland POV it's fine at least.
  >
  >> We should remove these ifs in KF 5.70.
  >
  > Why then?
  >
  > Removing them then would still break Plasma 5.18 and officially we support that combo
  >
  > Plasma 5.19 will set the name/description, so removing the if won't change anything.

REPOSITORY
  R127 KWayland