D28169: [DesktopExecParser] Let the service open protocols is claims to support

Ahmad Samir noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 20 21:31:45 GMT 2020

ahmadsamir added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dfaure wrote in desktopexecparser.cpp:350
> Doesn't this break the special case in the comment below?
> VLC claims to support smb:// but if we have a password, we need to be able to pass it, so we want to use KIOFuse?
>
> And then if you fix that, we're back to a simple revert of the last commit, no?

Indeed.

However I still think the condition is flawed:

- vlc.desktop says it supports smb:// so "supported" is true, !supported is false, we go the branch of ||, userName is not empty but password is empty, go to KIOFuse
- but what if both the userName and password _aren't_ empty, vlc is already out of the picture

IIUC, vlc has native smb support which will beat any FUSE equivalent, right?

I'll think about it some more.... :/

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO