D27540: KCModule: Indicate when a setting has been changed from the default or previous value

Noah Davis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 15 02:21:05 GMT 2020

ndavis added a comment.

  In D27540#627615 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27540#627615>, @ngraham wrote:

  > @ndavis I know you had some idea for which icon to use, and an idea to make it a clickable button, right?

  Right, it's like MuseScore:

  F8176442: Screenshot_20200314_132437.PNG <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8176442>

  - It's simple to understand with the right iconography.
  - It's convenient when you're working with a lot of settings.
  - By being enabled or disabled, it indicates whether or not a control is set to the default value or not.

  Some extra rules I thought of:

  - With the checkable label example in the mockup above, it should reset both the label and the checkbox.
  - In cases where there is no default value and a user is expected/required to change the value (e.g., LineEdits for the user's first and last names), we should not show a reset button.
    - I don't want users to mistake it for a clear text or undo button.

REPOSITORY
  R265 KConfigWidgets