D28002: [WIP]Allow disabling of data collection

George Vogiatzis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Mar 14 19:40:45 GMT 2020

gvgeo added a comment.

  In D28002#626663 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28002#626663>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > > Currently data is collected by default, with no way of disabling it.
  >
  > That's far from true. Things are off by default. Most providers are not run at all.
  >  The commit message is either confused or misleading.

  I'm not even sure, why you said that. Now, I'm confused.

  Checked gammaray's source and seems that it uses the kuserfeedback code without any change. Although is a bit outdated, I didn't find any newer commit fixing that.

  But I found that kuserfeedback tracks itself. Running "UserFeedback Console" collects usage statistics about time spend in each view.
  F8176092: UserFeedback.org.kde.UserFeedbackConsole.conf <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8176092>
  (Side note: Even if does not target users, shouldn't include "UserFeedback Console" in "Telemetry Use" page.)

REPOSITORY
  R849 User Feedback Collection Framework