D26043: Add edit mode menu item to desktop widget context menu

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jan 10 11:53:52 GMT 2020

davidedmundson accepted this revision.
davidedmundson added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> containmentinterface.cpp:1129
> +    if (m_containment->containmentType() == Plasma::Types::DesktopContainment) {
> +        desktopMenu->addAction(m_containment->corona()->actions()->action(QStringLiteral("edit mode")));
> +    } else {

I would prefer to see:

  auto action = m_containment->corona()->actions()->action(QStringLiteral("edit mode"));
  if (action) {
          desktopMenu->addAction(action);
  }

As otherwise we're relying on things which aren't specific public API. It's the sort of thing that can easily change in an updated library release and then our old software starts crashing.

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)

BRANCH
  master