D29281: Deprecate defunct functions

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 29 21:35:10 BST 2020

kossebau added a comment.

  Looks good to me now, just caring about the use of the deprecation macros (no clue about the actual code, has to be Kai or someone else with krunner knowledge (if there is) to review).

  Discussing this I see a small flaw in the case of retrospective deprecation when it comes to the difference of the version number used in the API dox comment (`@deprecated Since 5,0, this feature has been defunct`) to the version number use with the code deprecation macro (`KRUNNER_DEPRECATED_VERSION(5, 70, "No longer use, feature removed")` will resolve to the compiler warning ",Since 5 70. No longer use, feature removed"). But we cannot also use the true version there as well, otherwise might run into people who (in theory at least ) have -Werror=deprecated_declarations set and could now suddently trigger over the new warning, depending on what they set KF_DISABLE_WARNINGS_SINCE to... have to think about that some more how that can be resolved elegantly without more complexity, your current patch matches what other code does, so nothing to change here for now IMHO. If you have comments given your experience here, happy to hear.

REPOSITORY
  R308 KRunner