D28528: UDSEntry: add constructor variant with std::initializer_list

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Apr 3 02:20:03 BST 2020

kossebau added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> apol wrote in udsentry.h:127
> I'm not sure, it skips the constructor/destructor, but then when it's a string we need to do a memcopy. Are you sure this is faster than the refcounting?

Do you mean deep-copy by memcopy? There should be no such, the `UDSEntryInitListEntry(uint field, const QString &value)` constructor does a normal shared copy:

  new(m_u.s) QString(value);

At least by what I understand and the test/experiments told me.

Still chances I missed something, being the first time I do such code, so tear apart where needed :)

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO