D20007: Add GetProcessList for retrieving the list of currently active processes

David Hallas noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Mar 23 21:12:12 GMT 2019

hallas added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> CMakeLists.txt:246
>        util/kformat.h
>        util/kuser.h
>        util/kshell.h

Should util/kprocesslist.h also be added here?

> kprocesslist.h:1
> +/**************************************************************************
> +**

Is this license ok?

> kprocesslist.h:36
> +#include <QList>
> +
> +/**

I modified the interface slightly so that it fits better with other KDE APIs, I don't know what you guys think about it?

> kprocesslist.h:42
> +struct KProcessInfo {
> +    unsigned int pid; ///< The pid of the process
> +    QString name; ///< The name of the process - this is not the full path to the executable

I changed the pid to be a unsigned int instead, since both Windows and Unix use a number as the pid

> kprocesslist.h:43
> +    unsigned int pid; ///< The pid of the process
> +    QString name; ///< The name of the process - this is not the full path to the executable
> +    QString image; ///< What is this?

What is the exact semantics of this field?

> kprocesslist.h:44
> +    QString name; ///< The name of the process - this is not the full path to the executable
> +    QString image; ///< What is this?
> +    QString state; ///< Running state - should we have this?

This appears to be a Windows only field, should we really keep this?

> kprocesslist.h:45
> +    QString image; ///< What is this?
> +    QString state; ///< Running state - should we have this?
> +    QString user; ///< Owner of the process

Do we really need this? Should we document all the valid states?

> kprocesslist.h:56
> + */
> +KProcessList GetProcessList();
> +

Is this the interface we want?

> kprocesslist.h:56
> + */
> +KProcessList GetProcessList();
> +

I haven't written any tests for the code as I am not sure how I can do that in a portable and reproduceable way.

> kprocesslist_win.cpp:1
> +**

I do not have access to a Windows PC so I haven't built the Windows version

REPOSITORY
  R244 KCoreAddons