D18380: KIO: make file dialog columns resizable again (and movable)

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jan 21 11:50:01 GMT 2019

rjvbb added a comment.

  Oh sh@@t, I understand what's happening here.

  The default look-and-feel still appends the Regular stylename to the font, and since font stretch is a programmatic way to set a font style ("condensed") this too is overridden when a stylename is set.

  That does NOT apply to letterspacing.

  Noto Sans, left 83% stretch, right 88% letterspacing (same width reduction):
  F6559654: noto-stretch-vs-lspacing.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6559654>

  Seeing this now it does look more like what I see in the Mac GUI, and probably looks less different than a condensed font. I'll check this in the code later today.