D25814: [KColorScheme] Add SeparatorColor

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Dec 9 14:51:17 GMT 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  In D25814#574197 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25814#574197>, @ndavis wrote:

  > In D25814#574160 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25814#574160>, @davidedmundson wrote:
  >
  > > Can we clarify what separators we're referring to.
  >

  > Frames around UI elements and horizontal/vertical lines that separate UI elements.
  >  These are the most common examples, but probably not absolutely everything: F7806225: Screenshot_20191209_070836-1.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7806225>

  So the background here is that we've gotten a new VDG designer who produced mockups of Breeze dark with dark separators, and some people absolutely fell in love with them, while other people hated them. We could not achieve consensus on moving to use dark separators for Breeze Dark, so there was a desire to offer people that choice. It occurs to me that  we could put this in the Breeze style's own settings, if it's strictly necessary to expose this to users. Personally I would prefer to just make a decision on separator colors one way or the other rather than making it explicitly configurable (dark separators FTW :) ).

REPOSITORY
  R265 KConfigWidgets