D23464: Add breeze icons for ROOT cern files

Alex Debus noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Aug 30 14:52:24 BST 2019

alexde added a comment.

  In D23464#522270 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23464#522270>, @trickyricky26 wrote:

  > As @noahdvs mentioned above, the white background should be removed and the entire symbol should be made up of one filled path with no outline (!). This is important to keep the icon looking as intended with the Qt SVG renderer

  He mentioned that he white background should be removed. He did **not** mention, that it should be made up of one filled path with no outline. ;-)

  > As for the 32px and 64px designs, I would much prefer using only two colors by placing white variants of the smaller icons on top of a blue document background.
  >  I think this fits much better with other Breeze mimetype icons.

  ndavis saw this differently:

  In D23464#521662 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23464#521662>, @ndavis wrote:

  > I think we should use `#1ed4e5` for the color instead since that's what the official logo uses. Normally, I'd say to use a similar Breeze-like color, but mimetype icons are a mess anyway and I don't think it's worth worrying too much about unless Breeze's official color palette is expanded.

  If we go with your suggestion, I think the outer ring should be dropped completely as it distracts more from the root / original banding than it benefits IMHO.

REPOSITORY
  R266 Breeze Icons