D23465: Add new non standard mime type for ROOT cern files

Alex Debus noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Aug 26 16:03:15 BST 2019

alexde added a subscriber: yurchor.
alexde added a comment.

  In D23450#519519 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23450#519519>, @yurchor wrote:

  > Personally, I like these icons and they can be easily used on the system (shared-mime-info) or KDE level (kcoreaddons) level with very minor patching, imho.

  Thank you for your answers. Due to lack of experience and limited amount of time on my side, can you please guide, how I accomplish this surely trivial task?
  Do I only need to open a modified PR against https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xdg/shared-mime-info/blob/master/freedesktop.org.xml.in?

  If I got it right, it should look like this:

    <mime-type type="application/x-root">
       <_comment>ROOT</_comment>
       <sub-class-of type="application/octet-stream"/>
       <magic priority="80">
         <match value="root" type="string" offset="0"/>
         <match value ="TFile" type="string" offset="177"/>
       </magic>
       <glob pattern="*.root"/>
     </mime-type>

  After that I can abandon this merge request again here? Do I need to change the naming of the icons again, which I commited today <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23464> or do I need to submit them to freedesktop as well? :-)

REPOSITORY
  R244 KCoreAddons