D22946: Include API to generically implement --replace arguments

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 21 11:16:22 BST 2019

davidedmundson added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> kdbusservice.cpp:129
> +        d->registered = bus->registerService(d->serviceName
> +                                             , (options & Replace) ? QDBusConnectionInterface::ReplaceExistingService : QDBusConnectionInterface::DontQueueService
> +                                             , (options & Replace) ? QDBusConnectionInterface::AllowReplacement : QDBusConnectionInterface::DontAllowReplacement

I don't like this part very much. It means we're registering the name whilst the former app is potentially still running.

I would suggest rebasing on Harald's 5bf091ee07ac44ed1bf1e75a4d07847edb86c5d6 <https://phabricator.kde.org/R271:5bf091ee07ac44ed1bf1e75a4d07847edb86c5d6> change.

It'll allow us to do this all in a race-free way.

We can register the name org.kde.plasmashell in a queued manner
then call quit on the current process, and then call waitForRegistration()

and it'll be better than the current approach plasma does.

REPOSITORY
  R271 KDBusAddons