D9453: Inform the user if the module can not be registered with org.kde.kded5 and exit with error

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Dec 21 13:38:03 UTC 2017

dfaure requested changes to this revision.
dfaure added a comment.

  kded5 is supposed to be autostarted on demand by the DBus activation mechanism, but OK, if the setup is broken, I guess that might fail.

INLINE COMMENTS

> networkingservice.cpp:68
>      QDBusConnection::sessionBus().registerService( "org.kde.Solid.Networking.TestService" );
> +    if (!m_service->isValid())
> +        kError() << "could not register module" << m_service->path() << "at" << m_service->service();

KF5 coding style: { ... } even around 1-line bodies.

> networkingservice.cpp:69
> +    if (!m_service->isValid())
> +        kError() << "could not register module" << m_service->path() << "at" << m_service->service();

kError() is deprecated, use qCritical()

> networkingservice.cpp:233
> +    {
> +        app.quit();
> +        return 1;

this line serves no purpose, since exec() wasn't even called.

REPOSITORY
  R239 KDELibs4Support