Issues for Qt5/KF5/KDE/CI system on OSX/MacPorts

mk-lists at email.de mk-lists at email.de
Sat May 24 10:28:52 UTC 2014

Some additional questions:

1)
KDE’s apidoc states that kcrash and kpty are invalid for MacOSX [1]:

	But I am able to build and deploy those frameworks no problem.
	(Not sure about tests now, though.)

2)
KGlobalAccel is also marked invalid for OSX:

	This framework also builds and deploys, but we had quite a discussion lately
	about kglobalaccel integration on MacPorts/KDE 4.12.* in order to get KDE build
	fine on MacPorts [2] ...

	... but now it looks like this daemon shouldn’t be used on OSX after all?!
	Is that correct?
	Or is there a difference between 4.12.* and KF5 in that respect?

3)
I have updated the structure of our KF5 CI status wiki page [3] according to [1] because
there are a few little deviations on [4] (which I was working with before finding [3] thanks
to Mario Fux).

4)
In general, I did not take care of any tests so far, but I think I have seen on [4] cases
where tests were marked as failing - but they weren’t here on my KDE/CI on OSX/MacPorts.
(Probably the information on [4] is simply not up-to-date.)

Greets,
Marko

[1] http://api.kde.org/frameworks-api/frameworks5-apidocs/
[2] http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-mac/2014-May/001019.html